Monday 21 October 2013

British Columbia

 
  • It became a province of Canada on July 20, 1871.
  • The area is 944,735 sq km or 364,764 sq mi.
  • The population is 4.4 million in 2011.
  • The capital is Victoria. It was founded on August 2, 1862. The first mayor was Thomas Harris and the present one is Dean Fortin.
  • The biggest city is Vancouver.
  • The flower is the Pacific Dogwood.
  • The tree is the Western Red Cedar.
  • The bird is the Steller's Jay.
  • The highest point is Mount Fairweather which is 4,663 m or 15,299 ft.
  • The first premier was John McCreight and the present one is Christy Clark.
  • The motto is "Splendour Without Diminishment".

3 comments:

  1. That's funny that I lived in BC for most of my life and didn't know the provincial bird is the stellar's jay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know what the motto was. Actually I didn't even know there was one. Do all the provinces have a motto?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes grandma all provinces have a motto. I kind of knew that but not really.
      God bless,
      Rebekah

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! They just make my day!
God bless,
Rebekah