Monday 14 May 2012

Beautiful Girlhood

 Me and my mom are going through this book called Beautiful Girlhood written by Mable Hale. So I wanted to share what we are learning.
 Today we were on chapter 13 and it was about what should our purpose be. Here are some verses from the bible that explain what your purpose should be.

Colossians 3:2  Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

The first verse says set your minds on things above that means set your minds to God and when it says not on earthly things that means don't work only to get rich and want only earthly pleasures. The second verse is telling us that we are to do what God wants us to do. 

Luke 12:18,19 is the opposite of what are purpose should be.
(18) "Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. (19) And I'll will say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy, eat, drink and be merry." '
So your purpose should be on God not on earthly stuff.
 If you want to read this book you can read it for free on Timeless Truths. Or if you want to listen to it you can get it free on Books Books Should Be Free. They let you download it on mp3 and on a iPod.

This is the study guide that me and my mom use

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! They just make my day!
God bless,
Rebekah