Thursday 10 May 2012

Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cookies

 This recipe my Grandma gave me from a magazine. My mom didn't want me to share it but she finally said yes I can. So here is my "secret" vanilla chocolate chip cookie recipe. Sorry I don't have a picture of them.

1 cup          butter, melted
1/2 cup     brown sugar
1 1/2 cup  granulated sugar
1/3 cup     vanilla instant pudding mix
1 tbsp        milk
2                 eggs
2 tsp         vanilla
2 1/4 cup  all-purpose flour
1 tsp           baking powder
1 tsp           baking soda
2 cup         chocolate chip

  • Line baking sheets with parchment paper or grease; set aside
  • In large bowl, mix together butter and brown and granulated sugars. Stir in pudding mix and milk; stir in eggs and vanilla.
  • In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda; stir into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Drop by heaping 1 tbsp (15 mL), about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, onto prepared pans. Bake in centre of 350f (180c) oven until edges are golden, about 12 minutes. Makes 36 cookies.
I hope you enjoy them! I made first place at our county fair with them, even though I put in 2 tbsp of vanilla in.

9 comments:

  1. These are really good. We all love it when Rebekah feels like baking. Although, I don't like chocolate chip cookies, I like these. And another note; we haven't used chocolate chips in 9 years. I always buy pure milk chocolate bunnies after Easter super, super cheap. I freeze them and we smash them up for chocolate chunks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Rebekah.
    I tried to go into your picture videos but it came up with an error.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome!
      Sorry about that, I don't know why they don't come up.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. I'll have to try this recipe Rebekah! Thanks for posting it. I'll let you know how they turn out.

    Mrs. van der Molen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! They just make my day!
God bless,
Rebekah